died at home?

This section of the forum is for general enquires which are not covered in the other categories.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

died at home?

Postby windhunds » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:16 pm

i have in my possesion a ww1 victory medal to 9694 private g.harding of the worcs reg. on the roll of honour list it is said he died at home, and around 150 died at home with the reserve battalions. could anyone give me further details please, e mail me at windhunds@yahoo.co.uk many thanks. i collect ww1 worc reg medals.
worcester reg singer on the bandstand in the film atonement, known as the dunkirk singers.
also i run a military collectors shop in kidderminster
windhunds

WW1 Worcestershire Regiment Medals

Postby shelldrake » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:34 am

Hello,

I note that you are collector of Worcestershire Regiment WW1 medals. Any chance you have any that were awarded to either of my two relatives that I am researching:

3976 Pte Joseph JEAVONS - 1/7 Bn Worcestershire Regt

20842 LCpl George TUSTIN - Worcestershire Regt but later 46810 A/Sgt in the King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry and the King's African Rifles

Hope to hear from you in due course.
shelldrake

Postby windhunds » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:47 am

no im really sorry i dont have these. have you actually tried the new t.a. barracks at the shrubbery as they have a lot in frames on the walls. this is the main territtorial base in kidderminster.i did have over 140 groups in my collection but i had to sell them 25 years ago and only just started re collecting them.just to the worcs. i do have quite a few bought into the shop and i will certainly notifie you if they come in as im trading in the town centre of kidderminster in blackwell st. you just never know with ww1 medals. many general service were melted down for scrap during the deppression before ww2 and a lot more since. not every one got a mons star unless they were in before august 1915, so you could possibly be only able to get the victory medal if any, as for many years they were deemed worthless. i used to pay a £1.00 each in the early 1990s.

i do have 2799 cpl h. taylor, 9694 pte g harding, 1424pte b.e drew
thats all as, i said i have others but thats the only worcs i have at the moment
any information on the above would be greatly appriecated.
worcester reg singer on the bandstand in the film atonement, known as the dunkirk singers.
also i run a military collectors shop in kidderminster
windhunds

Return to General Enquires