greatuncle

This section of the forum is for general enquires which are not covered in the other categories.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

greatuncle

Postby lynnettejane » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 pm

Could anyone offer any information about my great uncle Thomas Joseph Mcdonough who jooine worcestershire regiment in 1917?
lynnettejane

Postby scully » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:29 am

Hi,

On checking the National Archives website in the Medal Index Card section there was only one person named Thomas Joseph Mcdonough - it gave his discharge number as S32811 and dated 11th May 1904.

Is it possible he used another spelling of his surname like McDonagh?
Do you know his year of birth and where he was born?

Regards,

Louis
scully
Site Admin

Postby lynnettejane » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:33 pm

Hello Louis. thankyou for your reply. My great uncle had a rather ignominious and short career with the 5th Battalion. He enlisted in 1917 and shortly after was put on trial for the murder of a Sgt Mante his shooting instructor. Perhaps you could tell me where I could get more information about this as all I have are a couple of newspaper reports of the trial. I would like to know where I could get a copy of his enlistment details and the recorded events following this tragedy. As a point of interest he was not court marshalled but underwent civil procedings, would this be normal procedure? As a result he was committed to Broadmoor mental hospital Any help with this woul be gratefully received, regards Lynnette Atkinson
lynnettejane

Return to General Enquires