book - No Drums to Beat - No Flags to Fly by EB Parkes

This section of the forum is for general enquires which are not covered in the other categories.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

book - No Drums to Beat - No Flags to Fly by EB Parkes

Postby anncharmer » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:51 pm

Urgent plea - has anyone got a copy of this book? My father (ex 1st Battalion Worcesters and served in Malaya)) is very frail now and really wants this book. Any condition please, many thanks Ann
anncharmer

Postby scully » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:34 pm

Hi Ann,

Sadly this book is no longer available as the publishers went out of business and only a relativily small number were printed. You could try searching secondhand military book dealer to see if they have a copy but it is quite rare.

Forutunately, I met the author E. B. Parkes a few years ago at one of the reunion dinners in Kidderminster and he gave me permission to feature it on this website. I have not done that yet but I hope to in the future.

In order to be of help I have emailed you a copy of what I have been working on.

Hope this helps,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

TRIED EVRYWHERE

Postby CPLCLIVE » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:35 am

Hi Ann
I have tried evrywhere to get this book without sucess I have tried all the well known second hand booksellers online but nothing. My eldest brother Sgt John Dickens was with the Battalion in Malaya I myself was too young to go out there as a boy soldier which is why I would love to get hold of this book.
All thebest
Clive
CPLCLIVE

Return to General Enquires