officers forenames

This section of the forum is for general enquires which are not covered in the other categories.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

officers forenames

Postby peter » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:26 pm

Can anyone give the forenames of the following 2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment officers.

Leuit. R. E. Vyvian
Leuit. C. C. Lilley
Leuit. E. A. Haskett-Smith

Regards

Peter
peter

Postby scully » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi Peter,

The full names are as follows:

Lieut. Ralph Ernest Vyvyan (later Captain and then Acting Major with 57th Division)

Lieut. Cyril Charles Lilley (later Captain) he was also awarded the Silver War Badge (List 14965/2).

Lieut. Ernest Andrew Haskett-Smith (later Captain) - he eventually went to live in Toronto, Canada and in March 1977 was age 90.

Peter, please note the correct spelling for Lieut. Vyvyan - you showed it incorrectly as Vyvian.

How are you progressing with the Gheluvelt list?
When I have more time I need to finish the new section on Gheluvelt and upload it to the website.

All the best,

Louis
scully
Site Admin

Postby LarsA » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:04 pm

Peter,
If you need any help on the Gheluvelt list in checking Ancestry for service or pension records to include/exclude please tell and I'll look them up.

Kind regards,
Lars
In memory of
17239 R J Washington MM, TEM, 2nd & 8th btn WWI
7852 W Russell, 2nd & 9th btn WWI
J Davies, 1st btn WWII, POW at Tobruk
4197291 Pte F Sheridan, POW France 1940
LarsA

Postby peter » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi Louis & Lars,

Louis thank for information on Vyvyan (noted spelling), Lilley and Haskett-Smith. I've been on holiday for 6 weeks so only just back into the Gheluvelt data base. It's slow work but piece by piece it's coming along and I am always searching the web for new bits of information.

Lars thank you for your kind offer of help. I have searched Ancestry for Pensions and other records but it's easy to miss out on men who should be included on the list. A second pair of eyes checking the data I have already would be a great help and any mistakes I have made corrected. When Louis puts the listing on his site I hope to get more feed back and the work may progress a little faster.

Regards

Peter
peter

Return to General Enquires