RSM Samuel Augustus Yarnold

This section of the forum is for general enquires which are not covered in the other categories.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

RSM Samuel Augustus Yarnold

Postby Sian » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:32 pm

I would be very greatful if someone could tell me who did the page about RSM Samuel Augustus Yarnold on the Worcestershire Regiment website as he is my great grandfather.
Sian

Postby scully » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:29 pm

Hi Sian,

Further to your question regarding the RSM Samuel Augustus Yarnold page on this website. I put the page together and added it to the site after Michael Peter Arnold his nephew contacted me. Michael sent me a number of photos, some of which you will see on the website. I also have other photos and may add them later.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Postby Sian » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi Louis

Thank you for your reply. I really like the page about RSM Samuel Augustus Yarnold. I showed his daughters the page and they really liked it as well. Where did you get the information about him from because they told me there is some information on there that is incorrect. If you like i could get you the correct information.

Sian
Sian

Postby scully » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi Sian,

Let me know what information needs ammending. You can email it to me if you like or post it here.

email:

webmaster@worcestershireregiment.com

Regards,

Louis
scully
Site Admin

Re: RSM Samuel Augustus Yarnold

Postby diipii1946 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:28 pm

?="Sian"? would be very greatful if someone could tell me who did the page about RSM Samuel Augustus Yarnold on the Worcestershire Regiment website as he is my great grandfather.?/?

You might be interested to know that my father Pte Harold Pitt 5250898 7th Worcestershire was with RSM Yarnold when he was killed trying to retrieve wounded in the fields between Givenchy and Violaines 26th May 1940.
My Dad was captured and survived the war and now lives in Malvern. He is 92 years old.
A few years ago I took Dad back to France to find the location of his capture and found RSM Yarnold's grave in the town cemetary of Violaines and we all paid our respects.
If you would like any more information please contact me at diipii@hotmail.co.uk
diipii1946

Return to General Enquires