Cpl Walter William Hartwell 7th Battalion 1914-1917

This section of the forum is for general enquires which are not covered in the other categories.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Cpl Walter William Hartwell 7th Battalion 1914-1917

Postby smith1944 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:36 am

Hi - I am doing my family tree and my Uncle named above was killed in France & Flanders in 1917. He came from the Kidderminster Area and received medals for his service but my mother now deceased never seemed to have any details about him as she was only 9 when he was killed. My mother used to get upset around remembrance time and we used to talk about Walter but now I have managed to find out in family history details of his birth, death etc. What I have found is that he is on the wall of remembrance at Tyne Cot Cemetery and I have a photo of his name and the Cemetery which I obtained through Commonwealth War Graves Commission having sent them a donation with thanks. What I would love to know is there anyone out there who would have a photo of the joining up lads. He was with the 7th Battalion Worcestershire Regiment and on the website are photos of this regiment but because I do not have photos of him I am unable to recognise him.

Please help me finish my picture of Walter.

Hazel
smith1944

Return to General Enquires