Unknown photograph

This section of the forum is for general enquires which are not covered in the other categories.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Unknown photograph

Postby Janice » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi

I have a photograph of a man in uniform that I am trying to identify. Having compared it to a number of the photo's on the site I believe that he may be wearing a uniform of the Worcestershire Regiment. Probably from around the 1890 to 1900.The cap badge looks like it was the one used between 1891 and 1900. The decoration on this sleeves is the same as a photograph take in 1880 to 1883.

I can't see a way of attaching the image. Is there an expert out there who would be able to take a quick look at my photograph if I emailed it over?

Any suggestions would be fantastic.
Janice

Re: Unknown photograph

Postby scully » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Hi Janice,

If you would like to email me a copy of the photo I will have a look at it for you.
webmaster@worcestershireregiment.com

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Postby Janice » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi

Thank you for your kind offer I have emailed the photograph as requested.

Kind regards

Janice
Janice

Postby scully » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi Janice,

Thanks for the photo. I had a close look at it but it not possible to identify the Regiment as the details on the photo is not very clear. If it was possible to see the detail on the belt buckle then we could identify the regiment but sady that level of detail is not on the photo. The helmet looks similar to the Worcestershire Regiment but most regiment of that time had similar helmets. Again if we can not see the detail in the centre of the helmet plate then we could identfy the regiment. On the wesite their is a section under EMBLEMS which covers helmet plates have a look and you will see what I mean. There is also a section on BELT Clasps in the same section.

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Return to General Enquires