Enniskillens - Dublin

This section of the forum is for general enquires which are not covered in the other categories.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Enniskillens - Dublin

Postby Gail Nakayama » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:21 pm

I am researching Paul Brennan who was part of the 29 Regiment in 1864. I have obtained his marriage record, December 1864 and he states his residence as Enniskillens. I was wondering if there was a military barrick in Enniskillens north of Dublin at that time. The family history is that he was from Kilkenny and I have not found an Enniskillens in that county.

Thanks for any help!

Gail
Gail Nakayama

ireland

Postby CPLCLIVE » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:01 pm

??
Gail
In Major Everards history of the 29th (Worcestershire) he writes that the29th and the 36th regiment (2ndBn Worcesteshire Regiment) where stationed in Curragh in consequence of the Belfast riots and due to the disturbed state in Ireland the 29th where ordered to proceed to Newry and Enniskillen some awhere also stationed in Dundalk
I trust that this will help you
All the best
Clive
CPLCLIVE

Postby Gail Nakayama » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:07 pm

Thank you Clive. I have also found another marriage record in Dublin where a Sgt Allan White of the 29th Regiment listed his residence as Shife Street Barricks. I'll research to see if this is the Enniskillen listed on my ancestor's record.

Gail
Gail Nakayama

Return to General Enquires