Information relating to my Grandad

This section of the forum is for general enquires which are not covered in the other categories.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Information relating to my Grandad

Postby sare » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to trace any information I can on my grandad, Reginald Percy Humphries, Regtl.no: 5246149 Worcestershire Regiment. He joined the 2nd Battalion, Dover in 1924 so I am lead to believe. His date of birth on records is a little dubious as I understand that he altered it on forms to join at an earlier age....???. could be 03.06.06, 03.08.07, 03.07.07.

I am interested to track his service, if anyone could help or give me a suggestion on how to trace where he was/movements. I believe he served in India and Shanghi but would like to know for sure.

Any help much appreciated

Many Thanks

Sarah
sare

Re: Information relating to my Grandad

Postby Mike Jones » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:39 am

Hello Sarah,
Welcome to Louis Scully's website. To save me a lot of typing, if you look at the Forum section titled "Regimental Numbers 1880 - 1921". Then find the posting titled "J. Lamonte" , you will find a route you can take that will reveal all you want to know.
Regards Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Re: Information relating to my Grandad

Postby sare » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:38 am

Thanks Mike, I have read the post and it has been of great help. I will follow the said route to gain the information I require. I am shocked on how these books where found but very glad that someone saw the great value in them.
Thanks again Mike
sare

Return to General Enquires