NEW WEBSITE DESIGN & LAYOUT

This section of the forum is for general enquires which are not covered in the other categories.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

NEW WEBSITE DESIGN & LAYOUT

Postby scully » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed the Worcestershire Regiment website has now been updated to a new look layout, after much work !

All the dropdown menus are now available from the dark green banner (white printed words) at the top of the page under the main header graphic.
The headings are:
HOME GENERAL RESEARCH HISTORY COLONELS BATTALIONS MEDALS/AWARDS FORUM

Click on any of the above heading will activate a dropdown list - some headings on the dropdown lists have sub-dropdown lists. This now allows the website to add more content over time.

Some of the headings on the dropdown list are still under development and so if you click on a link and nothing happens it simple means that page is still "work in progress". Keep checking as as content is added these links will work. Alos you may find in future new headings been added to the dropdown lists.

These changes now allow more space on the screen for content or images. Also you will notice the webpage is centred on your screen for improved viewing.

If anyone has any problems or comments about the new website design and layout, then post your questions or comments here.

If you have bookmarked any of the individual pages of the original website then you may have to update your bookmarks to the new webpages. If you happen to go to one of the old pages you will find there is a message which will re-direct you.

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Re: NEW WEBSITE DESIGN & LAYOUT

Postby Mike Jones » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:11 am

Hi Louis,
I have no complaints or problems, only thanks. I have come on to congratulate you on all your work to make this, your website so professional and successful. Your work has helped keep the Worcestershire Regiment in the public eye. Helped keep the memory of all these soldiers alive. I have acquired a lot of knowledge from the postings members have put on the forum. I also know how much of your time and money goes on running this website. Your own research often has to take a back seat.
Many thanks and best wishes Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Postby corona » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi Louis,
I would also like to add my thanks to those of Mike .Your great site is always my first port call in the mornings.
Best Wishes,
corona.
corona

Postby peter » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi Louis,

Along with Mike and Corona I congratulate you on the new look of your website. I know it's taken a lot of time and hard work to achieve this so well done on a first class work.

Regards

Peter
peter

Postby allanp » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Louis

Sorry for the late post. Great website update. Thanks for all your hard work, it is really appreciated but us all.

Regards Allan
12631 Lance Sergt George William Hill. KIA Vimy Ridge, 28 April 1916 3rd Battalion
allanp

Postby ukphil » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Great website update.
ukphil

Return to General Enquires