Help and advice

This section of the forum is for general enquires which are not covered in the other categories.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Help and advice

Postby booboomagic » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:26 pm

I would like to find out some more information about my grandfather Thomas Edward Nicholls who served with the Worcestershire Regiment as a Bandsman, playing the french horn. He turned 18 in April 1920. According to my mother he went to Kneller Hall at some point. He was stationed in India where he was bitten by Tsetse fly which caused him to have encephalitis. He was so ill that he had to leave the regiment and he later signed up with RUC in 1921/2. However, the encephalitis caused him to have parkinson's which over time became increasingly more debilitating. He was later awarded an army pension.

Where would I look to find his enlistment records and number/battalion. Any pension records or additional information?

Thanks,

Caroline Wilkins.
booboomagic

Re: Help and advice

Postby Mike Jones » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:28 am

Hello Caroline,
Welcome to the website. The bad news is, unfortunately I do not think any of us has much information on the period you are interested in. The good news is the Regimental Archives do have the information you want and probably more. You can contact them from the home page of this website. I think they charge an £18 search fee, which is a bargain and all fees go to maintain the very archives you are using.
Look at the posting just below this one entitled "Information relating to my Grandad" by Sare, to see more and save me lots of typing.
Regards Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Return to General Enquires