Help required identifying unknown solidiers

This section of the forum is for general enquires which are not covered in the other categories.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Help required identifying unknown solidiers

Postby basterfield » Tue May 14, 2013 2:08 pm

Dear Forum
I have recently purchased a post card off ebay which the seller believes to be a group of 8 soldiers from the 7th Worcestershire Regiment. (He thinks this due to the shoulder insignia which looks to be a semi-circular Worcester metal badge with a 7 with a T above it). Firstly I wondered if there was anywhere I could upload the photo to so that those with knowledge and understanding about the Worcesters could have a look and let me know what they think?

The handwritten wording on the back of the undated post card which was photographed by A & G Colwell, Greenhill Studio, London Rd, Worcester reads " Dear Cousin, I hope this PC will find you in the best of health as it leaves me in the pink. I thought I would send you one of these photos we had taken last week in camp they are the NCO's in our training platoon that corpl in the centre of the middle row is a Halesowen chap he lives up Hasbury he come with me from Maldon. Best love from Tom".

I am trying to name any of the men in the photo but my main interest is the "Halesowen/Hasbury chap" as I come from Halesowen and being interested in family history research, I would like to try and get a copy to any living relatives. Likewise Tom the writer may be in the photo and may also come from Halesowen as he refers to the Hasbury chap as living "up" Hasbury. Can I please have any advice on how I might go about this please?
Thanks very much for taking the time to read this.

Steve Basterfield
Wollaston, Stourbridge
basterfield

Re: Help required identifying unknown solidiers

Postby basterfield » Wed May 15, 2013 7:48 am

Forgive me if I am posting something that is already known about but in my quest for information on the above I have come across this which seems to contain a lot of information about members of the Regiment: you will need to cut and paste this link into your browser: www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms/pdf/Recor ... errows.pdf

With regard to my query above, Louis will be very kindly posting my post card in the photos section and I will update here when done.

Steve
basterfield

Postby scully » Fri May 17, 2013 12:03 pm

Photos are now on my website in the SUBMITTED PHOTOS section in First World War gallery 2

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Postby John(txic) » Wed May 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Basterfield,

Would you mind awfully re-posting the Link? Can't make it work.
John(txic)

Postby scully » Fri May 24, 2013 11:53 am

John,

The reason the link could not be posted on the forum correctly is due to the fact that the forum does not allow long web page links. I will email you the webpage link so you have it.

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Return to General Enquires