Private Potter - Funeral Service Palastine 1939

This section of the forum is for general enquires which are not covered in the other categories.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Private Potter - Funeral Service Palastine 1939

Postby jimsigs » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Good afternoon Louis,
Many thanks for arranging for me to re-join the forum after an internet provider change.
I was cruising the internet the other day and came across an article relating to a Private Potter who was killed during an ambush in Palestine 1939. This article was accompanied by some photos of the funeral held at Ramle Cemetery in July 1939. In the photo, I couldn't help noticing that my late Father (JF Purdy) is one of the pall bearers on parade. In the photo, he is in the extreme right, nearest camera. The chap with the moustache and mop of top hair.
I would like to post the photos but do not know how. The web site for this article is: www.worcestershireregiment.com/wr.php?m ... estine1939
Wonder if through you records you could confirm the that my late Father is the man I have so described.
His name was J.F. Purdy who would have been a Cpl in 1939, going on to become a PSM then commissioned in approx 1942.

Many thanks

James Purdy
Ex Royal Signals 1949-72
James R. Purdy
jimsigs

Re: Private Potter - Funeral Service Palastine 1939

Postby scully » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:31 pm

Hi James,

I only have the photos given to me by his family but there are no names on the photo and I have no other records. You could try the Regimental Archives at Worcester.

I will email you a larger copy of the photo so you can see the details better.

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Return to General Enquires