ASSAULT ON GEORGE BRAY

This section of the forum is for general enquires which are not covered in the other categories.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

ASSAULT ON GEORGE BRAY

Postby colin perry » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:04 am

can anyone remember besides me, being in the back of the open lorry when the regiment was in Tripoli, we were going through this village and i think George, then a full corporal was sat at the back by the tailboard, one of the lads sat behind the cab, saw this young boy bring his arm behind his back as if to throw something, the lad shouted duck, everyone did except George who turned and said what, or words to that effect, the stone hit him in the mouth and he lost some teeth, come on somebody must remember.
pecker 8)
colin perry

Postby scully » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:17 am

Colin,

I corrected the text for you and deleted your other note about the error. The forum uses a word censor hence the change of word.

Regards,

Louis
scully
Site Admin

Postby colin perry » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:41 am

thanks louis, any information on that request for Millom and the civil defence training or Steve Moor ?, my mate toddy read your account of the Tripoli ex he was a driver over there, brought back memories to him.
colin
colin perry

Postby scully » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:47 am

Colin,

I will do a little more research later when I have time and see what I can find.

Regards,

Louis
scully
Site Admin

Postby colin perry » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:54 am

thanks louis look forward to it
colin
colin perry

Sgt G BRAY

Postby g1hjs » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:37 pm

In answer to your question Pecker (Colin) about Sgt Bray I think I was driving the 3 tonner on that day !!!! we were on our way to a live fireing excercise, we were approching the town on DARNAH which was right on the coast we came down the DARNAH PASS a very large escarpment a very deep drop on the left hand side of the road and if you looked over the edge you could see many vehicles that had gone over the edge!!!!
We were told before we set of for the excercise that DARNAH was not a very friendly town and that we should not stop there so it was foot down to get through the town as quick as you can, I drove through DARNAH a few times and always got stones, (no rockets in thoes days)!!!!
since you posted your first message the old brain cells have been working overtime!!!!

TODDY
served with Worcesters 1961-1970
g1hjs

Postby colin perry » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:39 pm

thanks toddy, these memories keep the old brain matter ticking over ay,i had an e mail off jill moore today and then spoke to her on the phone will hopefully be in touch with steve nexxt week, aanythink else you can think of , what about minden ??
pecker
colin perry

George Bray Assault

Postby andy1608 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:25 pm

Whilst I was much to young to be there at the time I can recite this incident off by heart having been heard it many times from the horses mouth, as it were. My Dad lost more than a few teeth that day!
andy1608

George Bray

Postby colin perry » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:08 am

Hey Andy, thanks for replying, i knew your dad pretty well at the time, he was one of my section corporals then, how is he ? i don't get to the reunions that often so you tend to lose touch, knew your mum as well in Gib, regards
colin
colin perry

Return to General Enquires