Charles Broughton 9109 Worcestershire Regiment

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Charles Broughton 9109 Worcestershire Regiment

Postby historytwin » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:16 pm

Hello everyone just found site, would like help. I have discovered my great grandfather above in family history research. I have already got the National Archives information on his enlistment and where he is buried (30 plus pages) Whilst I am tracing more family I would like help in tracing who would have received post for him in his war years and where that information would be held ? Reason for ? is a letter was written by my great gran to the regiment asking for help in supporting her children by him. The records I have show another lady in later years made claim to his pension for her two children (not wife) but my great grans letter is on record before this time .... who would have followed it up ? if at all ? Also looking to trace great grans sister who I only know would have been between 9-11 and wonder if any letters would have been saved anywhere to give any ideas on this little girl.... Hope not too detailed at this stage. Thank you.
historytwin

Postby allanp » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:36 pm

I would suggest that you contact the Regimental Archive and see if they hold any information. There is a small search fee for this service which is used for the up keep of the archive. There is a contact email at the bottom of this sites home page.

Regards Allan
12631 Lance Sergt George William Hill. KIA Vimy Ridge, 28 April 1916 3rd Battalion
allanp

Return to First World War