Pte Walter Edward Harrison No. 26031

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Pte Walter Edward Harrison No. 26031

Postby cankamm » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:54 am

I stumbled across the Worchestershire Regiment web site and forum while looking for maps of England with my daughter. great, what a find. I would love to find more information about my Grandfathers time in WW1 to share with my children and my father.
The only information that I have is that he was Honourably discharge on June 21, 1919 (91 years ago today!). He was wounded during his service. I believe that he was from Bromsgrove.
It would be great if someone could direct me to where I could find any information i.e. battalion #, etc. From there perhaps I could find out where he fought etc.
Thanks from Canada
cankamm

Postby scully » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:58 am

Hi,

Private Walter Edward Harrison (26031) medal index card shows he served with the 14th Battalion Worcestershire Regiment. He was awarded the British War Medal and the Victory Medal.

It also shows he was awarded the Silver War Badge (wounds badge). The Regimental archives (you will find their contact details on the home page of this website) will have additional information about his Silver War Badge.

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Postby cankamm » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Thank you. This gives me a little more information so that I can expand my search.
I have the medals that you mentioned. However, his name is not listed on the list of soldiers who received the Silver War Badge on the web site.

Thanks so much.
cankamm

Postby scully » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:52 am

Hi,

As I find more who were awarded the Silver War Badge I will add them to the website. The list on the website covers currently about 95%.

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Return to First World War