Henry Edward COLLEY Artificer RFA

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Henry Edward COLLEY Artificer RFA

Postby Wendy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:52 am

I have no information relating to Henry (Harry) Edward Colley apart from a photograph with (very faded) pencil annotation to the rear - Henry is pictured with his brother in law (George Hall), Wife (Alice, nee Hall), daughter (Ruby) and Mother (Rose nee Norcott) & step father (Thomas Lowe). To the best of my ability the faded pencil writing suggests - 9 Battalion Worc Rgt No. 27347 (possible reference to Germany and France) in relation to Henry E Colley and - WWI ..Trooper G (J) Hall/323476/A Squadron/(4) Worc Germany/5th Mounted Brigade, relating to George Hall. The only other information I have is a 'gratis supplement' from Berrows Worcester Journal (4 May 1918) where the 'family' of soldiers are identified (Henry's mother in law married (second time) to James Jones MM), which is where I discovered the Art(ificer) and RFA references.

I also think that Henry E Colley may also have received an injury/wound to his left arm (this is solely based on the 'funny look' to his arm in the photograph mentioned above. Henry was my Great Grandfather, and I would very much like to know if anyone out there has any suggestions as to where I might be able to discover anything about his service in WWI..... I have spent an absolute age trawling through records on both ancestry and findmypast :?:

Henry was born in Birmingham 22 Jan 1887 and died in 1934. Family lived in Worcester
Henry Colley married Alice Hall 10 April 1909 in Worcester

Hopefully, Wendy
Wendy

Return to First World War