3rd Battalion Maps

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

3rd Battalion Maps

Postby lee johnson » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi

My renewed interest in my Gt. Grandfathers war record continues and I would like to see where he Battaltion was the night he was caputred. He was 3rd Battalion the Worcs and I believe A Coy. I wonder if anyone may have a trench may or map of deployments I could have sight of or point me in the right direction to get them. I know about the Nat. Archives but I dont actually know what I'm looking for.
George Huzzey was taken prisoner on the 12/13th April 1918 in Neuve Eglise, which I belive is North East of Steenwerck.
Many thanks

Lee
lee johnson

Re: 3rd Battalion Maps

Postby Rigg » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi

Only recently found it myself whilst researching the men on our village Memorial, but get hold of a copy of 'The Worcestershire Regiment in the Great War' by Capt H F Stacke; there is one in The Hive in Worcester and one in Evesham Library - that I know of. This details on almost a daily basis throughout the war what each Battalion was doing and where - and loads of maps, both general and localised.

Charles
Rigg

Return to First World War