Buried in UK church yard in 1946 can any one help?

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Buried in UK church yard in 1946 can any one help?

Postby whittington » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:46 pm

I am helping with investigations into the WW1 Memorial plaque in Whittington Church as the DCC is proposing to mark this the centenary occasion, of Parishioners who laid down their lives in the Great War 1914-1918. This is an interesting project involving tracing any known relatives still in the area.

My question is I have discovered there is just one single WW2 memorial in the churchyard of:

Private Fredrick John Draper 5259030, Died 24.4.1946 age 39, born 1907. This grave is obviously being cared for; can anyone tell me anything about his death apparently in the UK in 1946. Or known relatives? :?:

I have examined the church burial records, but none with an age appropriate for his parents , just three possibly late brothers and a sister.
whittington

Re: Buried in UK church yard in 1946 can any one help?

Postby irosk1 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:51 pm

I searched ancestry and the only birth that seems to correspond to FREDERICK JOHN DRAPER was registered in January 1908 in Worcester, Worcestershire. What are the names of the other possible brothers and a sister. Does anyone in the area remember him or his family. Was he native to this particular place or had he moved here from somewhere else?
Is your Whittington in Staffordshire? or somewhere else? This might help to find out if he is on the 1911 census and thus trace the names of his parents and/or siblings.
irosk1

Return to First World War