1964 Gheluvelt 50th Anniversary Dinner

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

1964 Gheluvelt 50th Anniversary Dinner

Postby Trick » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:06 am

I recently acquired a Gheluvelt 50th Anniversary Dinner medal/badge. Doing some digging I have found that this dinner was attended by surviving Chargers and each received this medal. Apparently there is a list of everyone who attended somewhere, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where I can see it or know anything about it. I would like to get a copy. It might also throw up some names that do not appear on 'the list' on this site. There can't have been that many attendees 50 years on. By the way, the medal has the Regt. Crest in the centre with 'Gheluvelt 1914-1964' around the top in green enamel. It has a green and white ribbon. Anyone else got one?
Trick. (Still looking for the Chantler Medals.)
Trick

Re: 1964 Gheluvelt 50th Anniversary Dinner

Postby peter » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Contact the Regimental Archives (now closed for the Christmas period). Contact details on home page. January 1965 edition of the Regimental Magazine (Firm) covers your needs and you may be able to purcahase a copy from them.

Regards

Peter
peter

Re: 1964 Gheluvelt 50th Anniversary Dinner

Postby Trick » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:17 pm

Thanks for your answer Peter. I have contacted a friend who has this edition of 'Firm' and I am now the proud owner of a copy of the list of attendees. There were 33 in total, 7 who were with the South Wales Borderers. Unfortunately 1 more died between the dinner and publication. I have a rare Worcester Regt. Commemorative it would seem. I am also adding another post to the Forum confirming further names for the Gheluvelt List.

Still searching for the Chantler Medals.
Trick

Return to First World War