albert.w.carradine private 16508

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

albert.w.carradine private 16508

Postby carradine » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:36 am

hello i am new to this and wonder if anyone knows of my grandfather .The story was he was shot and probably invaleedd out from somewhere when ? so many questions
looking for information on albert.w.carradine private 1914-1920
carradine

The Carradines

Postby Mike Jones » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:05 am

Hello Carradine,
there were two Carradine's that served in the Worcestershire Regiment and got medals. Albert William Carradine and Stanley Carradine. As well as their other medals, they were both awarded the Silver War Badge. Was Stanley a relative of yours? I dont know how much you know about the Silver War Badge but the entry for its award has some good information. It will tell you when the soldier enlisted, was discharged, if he went overseas, if he was wounded and the number of the badge awarded to him. Each badge was individually numbered. There are only two ways to get this information. You can travel up to the National Archives at Kew and look it up. These records are not available on line. The other source is at Norton Barracks, Worcester and you dont have to go there! I think there is a small charge for this Silver War Badge service. The money does go to support the very archives you need to see ! Should you wish to contact the archives there is a link to them from the home page of this website.
Regards Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Postby allanp » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi Carradine

It was reported in the Worcester Herald on the 3 July 1915 that 16508 Pte A Carradine 1st Battalion was wounded. On the 24 July he was reported as being admitted to the War Hospital, Leicester 9 July 1915, wound slight.

Hope this helps

Regards Allan
allanp

Return to First World War