Christmas magazine 1917 A Coy 1/8th Bn

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Christmas magazine 1917 A Coy 1/8th Bn

Postby John Graham » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:08 am

I have an original copy of the A Coy Christmas magazine vol2. No12. I have scanned the front and back cover - who should I send it to?

My grandfather was in the regiment and was awarded a MC

Regards
John
John Graham

The magazine

Postby Mike Jones » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:50 pm

Hello John, the proper place for a copy of the magazine is Regimental Archives at Norton Barracks. There is a link to get in e/mail contact with them on the home page of this website. I was in their archives only yesterday and they are quite extensive. I do not know if they have any of these magazines, I have never seen one. I would like to see your scanned images please, so could you please send them to my E/mail address. How many pages are in the issue you have? I looked up the surname Graham (assuming the M.C. winner was your paternal grandfather) and there are two winners of the M.C. but neither was in the 1/8th. Regards Mike Jones
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

The Magazine

Postby Mike Jones » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:41 pm

Hi John,
Thanks very much for the images you sent me, they got me interested on what is inside the magazine! You did not say how many pages there were in all. If there are not too many could you scan me the rest please? I looked up the men involved in its production. All of whom seem to have survived the war. Charles Henderson got wounded on 13th Oct 1918, Cpl. Thornton got a commission on 2nd July 1918. Scriven and Corbett are both down as in A Company but nothing of note happened to them. Did you find the link on the home page of this website to Norton Barracks? It is at the bottom of the Donation section.
Thank you very much Mike Jones
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Return to First World War