Lt Col Christopher Garrett Elkington

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Lt Col Christopher Garrett Elkington

Postby chris_chinn » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:50 pm

Lieut.-Colonel Christopher Garrett Elkington who commanded the regiment, all information about him and his family gratefully recieved.
I am researching men from 8th Battalion Gloucestershire Regiment who participated in the attack on Grandcourt on 18th November 1916. What I have so far on Captain Elkington in addition to the useful information on this site regarding his service and his funeral I have-
Wounded 3 times at Grandcourt, D.S.O., MID, T.D., D.L.
Born last qtr 1891, Kings Norton, he had 4 children. Helen Grace born in born in 1918 but only lived one day and three more children. Norah Garrett 919, Joan 1922 and Patricia Mary 1927.
Also the details of his MID/DSO.
Especially interested to know about his three daughters Norah Garrett, Joan and Patricia Mary (I believe Joan may have died in December 1987) and if any of his personal records survived or of anyone who remembers Grandad or Great Uncle 'Kit'.
Thanks to all in advance.
Chris Chinn.
Investigating the lives of all the men of 8th Glosters who were in action at Grandcourt 18/11/1916. Lest we forget.
chris_chinn

Return to First World War