Family research Hughes and Wilson

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Family research Hughes and Wilson

Postby kbakewell » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:12 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone would be knid enough to help me. I am searching for a couple of people and any information that anyone can give would be gratefully recieved.
Im searching for Pte. Reginald John Charles Hughes and his brothers. From what I can find out all bar one died during world war one. I am also trying to find information on Pte. Henry Alfred Wilson who was their adopted brother. He was part of the Lewis gun section but that is about all I know.

Thank you for any help
Kim
kbakewell

Postby LarsA » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi,
Did they serve in the Worcestershire Regiment? Do you have any service number for them, that would also make it a lot easier.

/Lars
LarsA

Postby Kevin Lynott » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:15 pm

Lars,

there was a Reginald John Charles Hughes in the Worcs
He was Pte 52356 2nd Bn KIA 25/9/18.
He was born in Nether Compton, Dorsetshire, resident and enlisted in Worcester.
He is buried in Villers Hill British Cemetery, Villers-Guislan III.B.6
I can't find any other HUGHES from Nether Compton.

Kevin
Kevin Lynott

Postby LarsA » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:59 pm

Is he the one in the 1901 cencus born in 1899, residing in Worcestershire? I found him on ancestry but have no current subsription. Any brothers there perhaps? Hughes, Reginald J C

On a second look I also found a Alfred Henry WIlson, 62930, on the NA in the Worcesters, but also two Henry Wilson without a middle name

/Lars
LarsA

Thanks for your help

Postby kbakewell » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:18 am

Thank you for your help. Yes they all served in the worcester regiment in the 2nds apart from Henry who was in the lewis gun section. I know that all but one brother died in ww1 and would like to know where they are buried which battle and so on. Thank you for your help so far it is very appreciated!
kbakewell

The Hughes Brothers

Postby Mike Jones » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:01 pm

Hello Kim,
Contact the Worcestershire Regimental Archives at Norton Barracks. They have photo's of the five Hughes brothers, two Brothers-in-Law and their cousin. There is also in the same "bit" a photo of Cpl. A. Davies but does not say how he is linked to them. The bad news is, dont contact them till after the 15th March as the book they are in is currently being indexed. There is ALWAYS lots of work going on in the Archives, for which a donation would greatly help. I have no connection with the Archives.
Regards Mike Jones
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Return to First World War