Albert George Morris

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the Second World War covering the dates 1939 to 1946.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Albert George Morris

Postby woods105 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:36 am

Good morning
I believe RQMS (Regimental Quartermaster Sergeant) 5245120 Albert George Morris, 1st Battalion Worcestershire Regiment, was my father's cousin. I have found information on the internet that he was taken Prisoner of War on 20th June 1942, P.O.W. Camp 4B, P.O.W. No. 260058. The theatre of war was Middle East, Western Desert. I have also found photos of him on your site.

The information I have about the Albert George Morris who was my father's cousin, is that he was born in Worcester in 1902 to Albert John Morris and Matilda Louisa Morris (nee Grundy). He married Ada Holmes in 1937. I have discovered Ada Morris (nee Holmes) in the 1939 Register which was taken around the time of the start of World War 2, and which has recently been transcribed by FindMyPast, but was unable to find Albert George Morris. This is what made me think that Albert George Morris may have enlisted, and I took a punt that he would have joined the Worcestershire Regiment

If RQMS 5245120 Albert George Morris was related to me, can anyone provide me with information as to if and when he was released from the P.O.W. Camp, and which camp 4B was. Naturally, any other information would also be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Ann Woods
Melbourne, Australia
woods105

Re: Albert George Morris

Postby gilbo139 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:54 pm

According to another genealogy website camp 4 b was at Muhlberg,Elbe,Brandenburg.
gilbo139

Re: Albert George Morris

Postby woods105 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:59 am

Thank you for the information about Camp 4B.

Hopefully other subscribers might be able to confirm if I have the correct Albert George Morris, who was a relative.
Regards
woods105

Return to Second World War