pt.. eric tipping

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the Second World War covering the dates 1939 to 1946.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

pt.. eric tipping

Postby paulb » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:43 pm

my grandfather eric was in the 1st battlaion, does any one have any information on the 1st bt. cheers.
paulb

Postby naomi » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:41 am

If you provide the museum with as much information on your grandad as poss, for a fee of £12 the museum will do a search for you. You might be able to find his army number on this site....hope this is of some help
naomi

Postby scully » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:14 am

Hi Paul,

Eric Tipping served with 'D' Company of the 1st Battalion Worcestershire Regiment in the Second World War. The same company as my father. I have produced a number of booklets about the 1st Battalion which I have handed out at the reunions held in Kidderminster over the last few years. Eric attended these reunions and I have chatted with him on those occasions. You can find photos of the reunions on this website in the NEWS section (look down the lefthand side menu bar).#

You will also find information about the 1st Battalion in WW2 on this website. Click on the HISTORY tab at the top and select TRIPSRATH and VERNON. These are stories of the 1st Battalion. Also click on the BATTALIONS tab and select 1st BATTALION then select 1943 to 1945 tab at the top.

I can email you copies of these booklets if you would like them (in PDF format). As the file sizes are quite large you would need to have a broadband internet connection.

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Postby scully » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:29 am

Paul,

Forgot to mention. Also check out the BOOK section on this website. Click on BOOKS tap at the top of the home page on the dropdown list there are a number of books or booklets I have produced about the 1st Battalion on there (some you can PlumPudding).

The ones to click on are:
1st BATTALION
FRAGMENTS BATTLE
BOY GOES TO WAR
DISORDERLY OFFICER
ROLL OF HONOUR
43rd DIVISION
WESSEX WYVERN
SIGNALLER
TRIPSRATH BATTLE

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

eric tipping.

Postby paulb » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:57 pm

thanks scullyfor your information, i take eric for a drink quite alot, and he talks about the war and his comrades, which i find very interesting.also he has written a small book which is very good .
paulb

Postby scully » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi Paul,

Eric never mentioned his small book. Is it possible to get a copy.

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

e.tipping

Postby paulb » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:10 pm

dear scully, i will try and photo copy erics book, if u email me your address i will post it to you if you want me too, reguards paul.
paulb

Postby scully » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:49 am

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the offer. I have sent you an email.

Best regards,

Louis
scully
Site Admin

Return to Second World War