Help on Lieutenant E.A. Lawton

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the Second World War covering the dates 1939 to 1946.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Help on Lieutenant E.A. Lawton

Postby Ad2408 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Hello All

I'm after some help/information with regards to a Lieutenant E.A. Lawton.

Firstly I would like to say that I am not a relative of Lieutenant Lawton. My interest in him is that he is buried alongside my Great Uncle, Pvt George Humphries, in Hannover, with the same date of death (6th of April 1945)

I have been attempting to research my Great Uncles war record and ultimatley how and where he died.

I recently went to visit his grave and took some photgraphs of other graves around my great uncles in hope that a bit of research on these other soldiers.

The information I do have is that they both died on the same day, are buried in the same location and served with the same regiment (My G. uncle was 12th Devonshire Airbourne, and (as I understand it) E.A. Lawton was part of the Worcestershire Regiment attached to the Devonshire Regiment so I would presume that they died in the same action.

I would be very grateful to anyone that could furnish my with any information about Lieutenant E.A Lawton.

The only mentions I can find is one within the Roll of honour and a second (brief) mention in Tobruk.

Thanks in advance
Adam
Ad2408

Return to Second World War