Fred Young's Photo

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the Second World War covering the dates 1939 to 1946.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Fred Young's Photo

Postby Ray Whitworth » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:51 am

Dear Friends,

Could anyone advise me on how to get a soldiers photo in uniform. Private Frederick Coverdale Young No 5258571 2nd Batt Madras killed 23/9/1942, I was told by grandparents (His Sister) that he was trapped in a truck in a river and drowned, his co driver escaped. Are we aloud access to confirm how a family member died. Also I grew up in an English orphanage but lived at Grans at weekends and grew up looking at Freds uniformed portrate which Im no longer able to find and seeking one from archives should it still exist. Also if there is any group photo's too and if anyone could direct me to what they were doing in Madras. This means a great deal to me as I wish to share it with my 5 children now living in New Zealand. Any direction would be grately appreciated as Im fasinated with this subject. May I say thankyou in good hope, and god bless.
Raymond Whitworth Great nephew of Fred.
Ray Whitworth

Re: Fred Young's Photo

Postby scully » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:29 am

Hi,

I suggest you contact the Veterans Agency on Freephone 0800 169 22 77 they will be able to help you in obtaining his service record.
Their email address is veterans.help@spva.gsi.gov.uk

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Return to Second World War