WW2 uniform Div patches

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the Second World War covering the dates 1939 to 1946.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

WW2 uniform Div patches

Postby stever1969 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:18 am

Hello to you all. I am trying to find some information about the Div patches used by the Worcesters in WW2. I think they were a orange griffin on a black background and I have had a batch made up for our unit to use when doing events as I could not find any for sale the same pattern. This was based on a photo that was kindly sent to me some years ago. I now have a problem that one of my members is sure it is a different pattern and yellow, not orange. Can anyone let me know if I am right or he is? Seems a hard thing to get a good look at in pics so any help will be very welcome!
Thank you and have a great weekend all., Steve R
stever1969

Re: WW2 uniform Div patches

Postby stever1969 » Sat May 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Sorry, I meant to say a wyvern, not a griffin. Got the wrong creature! Steve.
stever1969

Postby scully » Sun May 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi Steve,

I have sent you an email with a copy of the Divisional Patch in colour.

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Postby stever1969 » Sun May 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Thanks very much Scully, just got it. I had the right pattern, the mistake I made was I got embroidered ones instead of printed. Sad part was we used to use ones made with T-shirt printing paper and I think that looked closer than what we have now! I should have asked here first :) All the best mate and thanks again for your help. Have a great week, yours Steve
stever1969

Return to Second World War