Johnny Bull 1942

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the Second World War covering the dates 1939 to 1946.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Johnny Bull 1942

Postby Prewett » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Hello,
My name is Alison, and I very sadly lost my Grandma last year, she was 100 years young and I adored her. I have been been sorting through her papers and I came across a Royal Worcestershire Regiment cap badge placed in a piece of paper with a story written on it.
It says:
Hat Badge of Royal Worcestershire Reg. Has been all over the world, given to me by Johnny Bull at a farewell party held at the "Boot" on Aug 26th 1942. He was stationed at Hare Park fo over two years. Good luck to you John.
My Nan was the running the Boot in Dullingham through the war and told me many stories about the young soldiers who came in for a drink, she would darn their socks for them and they would let her have some of their chocolate rations for her twin daughters, Alma & Ann, Granddad was called up late to enter the war efforts as he was 40 years old.
I wondered if anybody could help me get the hat badge back to Johnny's family as it would be lovely for it to go full circle.
Thanks for reading my story, I have always been and always will be inspired by my Grandma and her wonderful stories and she would love to think that we could make this happen.
All the very best to each and every one of you.
God Bless!
Alison
Prewett

Return to Second World War