Edgar Alfred Rentoul

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the Second World War covering the dates 1939 to 1946.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Edgar Alfred Rentoul

Postby dohmen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:36 pm

Hello, My name is Danny Dohmen and I'm from The Netherlands. I've recently adopted the grave of Edgar Rentoul at the Warcemetery Brunssum, The Netherlands.
The reason I adopt the grave of a WWII soldier is because I want to honor those who fought for my freedom. I hope someone can help me find out more about Edgar Rentoul. I know the following:

He served with 1st Battalion, Worcestershire Regiment. He was killed on 19 November 1944 in Germany. He was 19 years of age and is buried at Row IV, Grave 166.

I hope someone can help me in my search for more information or maybe get me in contact with some relatives.

Thank you in advance

Danny Dohmen
The Netherlands.
dohmen

Re: Edgar Alfred Rentoul

Postby scully » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi Danny,

I did some research for you and found the following:

His father was Edgar Rentoul who married Elizabeth Lilley Wickens in 1922 and Edgar Alfred Rentoul their first son was born in 1925 .

Edgar Alfred Rentoul was killed during the attack on Tripsrath on the 19th November 1944 (age 19).

He had a younger brother called Victor D. Rentoul who was born in 1932. Victor D. Rentoul married Julia Lucy Harris in 1955 (she died in 1995). They had a son called Ian Victor Rentoul who was born in 1959.

As far as I know Victor D. Rentoul and his son Ian Victor Rentoul still live in the same house . I will email you their contact address.

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Return to Second World War