Pte W.Bennett Worcester Regiment--2nd Boer War

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the Boer War in South Africa covers the dates 1900 to 1902.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Pte W.Bennett Worcester Regiment--2nd Boer War

Postby st helena » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi,
Can any one help me PLease? I have a Boer War Medal for Pte W.Bennett
Army No: 4741.Worcester Regiment.
Not sure what Actions he was in? I believe he have been at "Slingersfontein", & some time he may have been in the 5th Battalion Mounted Infantry.
On his Boer (QSM) it as three bars, Cape Colony,Transvaal,& Wittebergen,
Is there any one out there who may have any Information,photos, of any of the above Please? He may have served in the 2nd Battalion Worcester Regiment!
That is all the information I have! is there kind person who can help me Please? and is there any where else I can Email for help

THANK YOU
st helena

Boer War information

Postby smitd09 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Hi
My grandfather was in the 2nd Btn Worcesters in South Africa. As 4746 Pvt F Harrison (Note service number) he must have joined up around the same time. However he only has two bars to his QSA - Cape & Orange and two to his KSA.

My Great Uncle was 4771 Pvt F Thornett he has the three bars but no service record though I do have access to his 'Small Book' and other army documents.

I hold a copy of my Grandfathers service record so that will possibly fill a few gaps if it's assumed (dangerous word in historial research) they were together .... remembering the difference in the bars.
I'll look out the file and let you know what I find

Have you tried www.ancestry.co.uk/ for 4741 Bennet's surviving miltary records?
19739 Pte Fredrick Harrison 4th Bat. Gallipoli 1915
smitd09

Return to Boer War