PTE. TOMMY COLEMAN 5254833

Post information here about individual army numbers or post a query about an individual and his army number.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

PTE. TOMMY COLEMAN 5254833

Postby saraec » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:32 pm

hi,
i am trying to find anybody who served with my great uncle in india and burma, 1942 - 1945. his name is tommy coleman, he was in 7th battalion, 14th platoon, "c" company.
i cannot understand but i have checked on the website, the list of all men who served in 7th battalion and i cannot see tommys name. i looked at photos in fred weedmans photo album and have spotted tommy on a few photos but his name is not listed.
he was 5254833 PTE. COLEMAN.T
i really hope someone can give me any information on tommy.
thank you very much i look forward to hearing from anyone with or without information.
thank you
sara :)
saraec

Postby scully » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi Sara,

You mentioned he is on some of the photos in fred Weedmans Album. Can you tell me which ones and wher on the photo he is?

The list of names was taken of the 7th Battalion men was taken in India in 1945 after the end of the war. As a result some of the men had already returned home.

Did your great uncle stay with the Worcestershire Regiment after the war?

Regards,

Louis
scully
Site Admin

Postby saraec » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:25 pm

hi louis,
thanks for a quick reply.
tommy is on 2 photos in fred's album 2. the photo of 'C' company after xmas dinner celebrations at Belguam, India ( xmas 1943). tommy is the man 4th from the right, the man holding the white cup and a bottle of brandy!. he is also on the photo of 'C' company 14 platoon (1945), tommy is on the back row 4th from the left.
i really do not know whether he stopped with the regiment after the war. we are very inerested in his time in burma, if anyone has any stories to tell about him.
also would really like his name to go on the list of men who served in the 7th battalion.
thanks ever so much, we are new to this
regards sara :)
saraec

Postby saraec » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:01 pm

hi louis,
sorry to bother you but have you been able to find any information on pte tommy coleman 5254833. also would it be possible to have tommy's name put on the list of men who served in 7th battalion.
thank you ever so much for your time
sara :lol:
saraec

Return to Regimental Numbers 1881 to 1920