Hiram Henry Beadon Jackson Fraser

Post information here about individual army numbers or post a query about an individual and his army number.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Hiram Henry Beadon Jackson Fraser

Postby Ian Fraser » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:26 pm

Can anyone help me with trying to trace my family tree? 1894 Hiram Fraser was my grandfather, born in Sukkur in India in 1870 He joined the 1st Btn, The Worcester Regiment in Karachi on 20 September 1886 and was discharged at Plymouth on 28 April 1898. I have his army account book and confirmation from the Worcester regiment Museum Trust. I should like to find out more about his army service and also where his birth might have been registered. I am unable to trace his birth certificate on any UK sites. He appears on the 1901 census living in Ellesmere in Shropshire.
Ian Fraser

Postby scully » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:19 am

Hi Ian,

The Findmypast website has copies of all Army Births born overseas (from 1761 to 1994) giving the General Register office reference which will enable to to order a copy of the birth certificate from the GRO.

Go to Google search and type in FINDMYPAST and it will give you the website location.

In the Findmypast website go to the MILITARY section.

There is a pay-per-view option at £6.95 which is valid for 90 days and give you 60 unites (usually each page you look at costs 1 unit).

Regards,

Louis
scully
Site Admin

Return to Regimental Numbers 1881 to 1920