Looking for information on Harold Hughes

Post information here about individual army numbers or post a query about an individual and his army number.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Looking for information on Harold Hughes

Postby Searcher » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Looking for information on Harold Hughes , Worcestershire Regiment 1914 . Service # 15932 , He lived in Birmingham and the name Dudderton Row has something to do with his service. It appears he had two service numbers . One was # 15932 , the other # 15806. One of the questions I have is he signed up Sept. 1914 and discharged Nov. 1914 . Why such a short time during the war ? What Division was he in , What happened to him after Nov. 1914 ?? Any help appreceiated. Questions from Canada. Thank you . maran1@shaw.ca
Searcher

Re: Looking for information on Harold Hughes

Postby Searcher » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:07 pm

I received information from another source , I was made aware of a service number that was very close to Harold Hughes, but times and dates were off . Is there a reason numbers do not follow??
Searcher

Re: Looking for information on Harold Hughes

Postby Searcher » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:35 pm

I have had email information from the museum and was advised that the enlistment information I have is correct . What confuses me is the fact that the time between enlistment and discharge is only 54 days. Would anyone have any idea if this is usual , particularily in war time ???
Searcher

Return to Regimental Numbers 1881 to 1920