3848 Pte G. Clarke - 9378 Pte G. Clark Same Man?

Post information here about individual army numbers or post a query about an individual and his army number.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

3848 Pte G. Clarke - 9378 Pte G. Clark Same Man?

Postby Trick » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:37 pm

I now have a KSA to 3848 Pte G. Clarke, Worcester Regt. Doing the usual research on ancestry/fmp sites his papers are linked to papers of 9378 Pte George Clark. The 'E' has gone from surname but I have found this before, so not put off. In the papers it states that G. Clarke 3848 was discharged around 1903. G. Clark 9378 went to France Aug 1914, having re-enlisted prior to this, (about 1908 I think), and then went on to serve in Northumberland Fusiliers and R.E. He also had a spell in 'civilian employment' and then back to the R.E. This is where it gets complicated! His medal index card states going overseas on 10-6-15, only showing a 14-15 star, not the Mons I think he is entitled to. Also I can't find if when he re-joined in 1908 his number became 9378. There are some papers also linked to his which are definitely wrong. There is however a death certificate confirming his age etc. Is there anywhere else I can look for those missing years to confirm number change?
Thanks, Trick. (Still looking for Chantler Medals and the list grows!)
Trick

Return to Regimental Numbers 1881 to 1920