Queen's South Africa Medal

This new section of the forum is for any one with medal information or requesting information about medals.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Queen's South Africa Medal

Postby Grant M Hicks » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:39 pm

Dear Forum
I have been researching my Great Grandfathers military record, 4089 Private James Hicks, who served in the Boer War (2nd) and was awarded the Queen's South Africa Medal with bars Cape Colony & Orange Free State.

However because prior to this last month I had no Idea that he had been awarded the medal, so how do I find out what has become of it? as you might imagine I would love to find it :?:

Grant M Hicks
Grant M Hicks

Postby beardie » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:57 pm

hello grant,
there are a number of sites which you can list your medal wants!

somebody i suppose will post a link soon

just to say i don't have his medal in my collection!
beardie
beardie

Postby Grant M Hicks » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:26 pm

Hi beardie

thanks for your reply, you mentioned places that I might place my "medal wants", where might they be :?:
Grant :lol:
Grant M Hicks

Postby scully » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:29 pm

Hi Grant,

Below are a couple of website links which may help in finding missing family medals:

ERROR://medalsgonemissing.com - This is a new website for people searching missing British War medals.

ERROR://www.medalseek.com - This is an online website database of missing and wanted medals. There is a £5 membership fee.

Regards,

Louis
scully
Site Admin

Postby LarsA » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:08 pm

And here is a link aimed at the medal collecting community, also a fee, but well worth it. It is part of The Medal News, which many collectors subsribe tol.

/Lars

ERROR://www.medaltracker.com/
LarsA

MEDALS GONE MISSING

Postby medalsgonemissing » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:25 pm

Hi there Grant, Scully and fellow members.

The website ERROR://medalsgonemissing.com will be up and running very shortly.

I apologise for the delay - but we are conducting a very extensive testing period to ensure that all is in order.....to maximise the possibilities of having a successful hit.

You would be amazed at how many medals, issued to British recipients have ended up over here in Australia. But as our website is an INTERNATIONAL website, it will not matter where the medals are throughout the world. If the medals are out there, our site will help find them and re-unite you with your family heritage.

Grant, if you wish to contact me on my email - I will ensure that your medals are listed FREE OF CHARGE!!!!!!

There is an introductory period, where researchers will be able to list for free for a short period of time, but if you send me the details - I will personally ensure that they are listed immediately.

Good luck to you and I will do my utmost to help you out.

Kind regards

Gary Traynor
Medals Gone Missing
My aim is to re-unite all War Medals with their rightful owners and descendants
medalsgonemissing

Return to Medal Enquires