Medal Roll Query

This new section of the forum is for any one with medal information or requesting information about medals.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Medal Roll Query

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:42 pm

Hi , I have the WW1 Medal Index Card for William Howell - card states of
the 10 th Batt Worcester Reg and also RDC . He was wounded/invalided out of the army with medals - Victory,British, 15 Star and SWB List - i'm trying to find out what the codes on the Medal Card & relating to his medals mean - before each entry are the letters " TP" .
Can anybody please enlighten me about this code /reference ?

Kind regards ,
Nancy
Nancy

Postby LarsA » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:07 pm

I have a group to a man in the 4th Londons, also marked TP before each entry. Is it not just the identification for the roll concerned, no special meaning? Please correct me if wrong.

Best regards,
Lars
LarsA

Re Medal Roll Query

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:27 pm

Hi Lars ,

Thanks for your reply - regarding the meaning(or not?) of the letters "TP" on a Medal Index Card .
I'm not sure if the letters are a reference or symbol but i have been informed that if the soldier in question - William Howell - had been awarded his medals by his 10th Worcester Reg then the letters/code would have been "L/102B **** and the SWB would have been L/A/****,
but only "TP" followed by the numbers appear here which i guess relate to the Medal Roll ?
Interestingly i have another relative's MIC in a different regiment for his WW1 service and he also has "TP" before each of his medals .
Hope someone can help with this ,
Regards ,
Nancy
Nancy

Postby beardie » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:33 pm

tp is the london record office code which covers the royal defence corps as well as the london regiments, h.a.c. and the royal fusiliers
beardie

Re - TP on Medal Card

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:37 pm

Hi ,
Thanks for that - William Howell must have been awared his medals through the RDC then .
Regards Nancy
Nancy

Postby beardie » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:47 pm

hi nancy ,
glad the information helped!

it came from howard williamson's ' the collecters and researchers guide to the great war'

beardie
beardie

Return to Medal Enquires