877297 SSGT Francis Edwin Moore, C Company, 1st Bn

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the Second World War covering the dates 1939 to 1946.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

877297 SSGT Francis Edwin Moore, C Company, 1st Bn

Postby btrueman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:56 pm

I am trying to trace the movements of my Grandfather from the time he landed in Normandy sometime around 24 Jun 1944 to the end of WW2.

His details are below:

SSGT Francis Edwin Moore
C Company
1st Battalion

He served with C company, 1st Bn having joined from the Royal Artillery in the lead up to the Landings. Unfortunately I do not know what Platoon he served within.

If anyone can help to point me in the right direction, or indeed have any relatives that remember him, I would be grateful for any information.

Thank you

Brian Trueman
btrueman

Postby scully » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:25 pm

Hi Brian,

I have a full list of all men of 'C' Company dated April 1944 when they were stationed at Hythe. I could not find his name on this list! Did he join after April 1944?
I also have photos of all the Platoons of 'C' Company.

I will email you with more information.

Regards,

Louis
scully
Site Admin

Postby btrueman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:47 pm

Hi Louis,

Many thanks for your quick response. I have just spoken with my Grandfather and the picture is a little confusing.

He, along with all A1 fit personnel were seconded/drafted to infrantry divisions in the run up to D Day. He thinks he may well have been drafted around the April time. He was there in time for the battle practices in the weeks preceding their deployment.

I know this is quite vague, but does it help in any way?

Is it possible he was in another company?

Thanks again,

Brian.
btrueman

Postby scully » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi Brian,

I have just emailed you with some photo PlumPudding of the 3 Platoons of 'C' Company - can you check to see if he is on one of them. He may recognised some of the men.

Regards,

Louis
scully
Site Admin

Return to Second World War