Finding information on my grandad simons

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the Second World War covering the dates 1939 to 1946.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Finding information on my grandad simons

Postby Jensimons7 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:29 pm

I no my Grandad was in the Worcestershire Regiments but I do not no alot. He died when I was very young and he never spoke of his time in the war with my dad. I wondered if anyone could help or recognise his name, It was Eric Henry Simons. I no this is a long shot but I am trying to do a family tree and really want no about each member of my family.
My family aren't that interested and I want to change that by finding some interesting stuff about my Grandad.
I no that he was in the WW2 but that is it.
I would appreciate any help thank you
Jensimons7

NUMBER

Postby CPLCLIVE » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:32 am

Hi
I am sure that your grandfather never spoke of anything in the war was perhaps he saw many terrible things happen.But to help you we need his army/régimental number then if you can get that and send it to us we may be able to help.
All the very best
Clive
CPLCLIVE

Postby Jensimons7 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:52 pm

I have spoken to my dad today, we have not got any records of his regiment number. I found out that he was rewarded medals but he did not collect them or take them from worcestershire regiment. He was also invited to many reunions, but never replied or went.

I no that he lied about his age to get in, he was in fact 16 when he started in 1932 at the regiment and i no by the time he was 18 he was in India he was on the North west Frontier.

Without his regiment number is there much I can do?
Jensimons7

not a great deal

Postby CPLCLIVE » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:36 am

I am afraid there is not ,you see the regimental or Army number is the direct lead to the soldier himself, Your Grandfather seems to for some reason best known to himself wanted to leave his past in the past,You could write to Regimental HQ which is at Norton Barracks Worcester give them every bit of information that you do have and they MAY be able to help ,You can do this from the opening page of this site, But please remember they are volunteers and any information takes time to get so it is nice to send a small donation to help in the upkeep of the Archives.
Best of luck
Clive
CPLCLIVE

Return to Second World War