William Alfred Breese 3rd Btn Worc. Reg.

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

William Alfred Breese 3rd Btn Worc. Reg.

Postby Yvonne Lay » Thu May 14, 2009 3:40 am

Would anyone have information on William Alfred Breese of the 3rd Btn Worcestershire Regiment No. 8616. He died 10 September, 1917 and is buried at Berlin-South Western Cemetery.

Also I would like to know where abouts I can apply for his death certificate. I have informantion relating to it, but not sure where to apply.

I believe William to have been taken a Prisoner of War.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Yvonne Lay.
Yvonne Lay
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 3:33 am

Postby allanp » Thu May 14, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi Ynonne

I have found 2 entries in the Worcester Herald that you may be interested in.

27 February 1915 edition
8616 Pte W. Breese Prisoner of War

3 April 1915 edition
8616 Pte W. A. Breese 3rd Battalion Prisoner of War at Merseburg

Regards Allan
12631 Lance Sergt George William Hill. KIA Vimy Ridge, 28 April 1916 3rd Battalion
allanp
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: Bromsgrove Worcestershire

Postby Yvonne Lay » Thu May 14, 2009 11:56 pm

Hello Allan,

Thank you so much for the information. I am so happy to finally get some information on William and confirm he was a Prisoner of War and where.

You have made my day.

Thank you again.

Yvonne.
Yvonne Lay
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 3:33 am

Re: William Alfred Breese 3rd Btn Worc. Reg.

Postby breezy1973 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Yvonne Lay wrote:
> Would anyone have information on William Alfred Breese of the 3rd Btn
> Worcestershire Regiment No. 8616. He died 10 September, 1917 and is buried
> at Berlin-South Western Cemetery.
>
> Also I would like to know where abouts I can apply for his death
> certificate. I have informantion relating to it, but not sure where to
> apply.
>
> I believe William to have been taken a Prisoner of War.
>
> Any information would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Yvonne Lay.
hi my name is jayne breese i think we may have the same relative was william born in amblecote,stourbridge and was his father william breese and mother lucy smith.kind regards jayne
breezy1973
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Re: William Alfred Breese 3rd Btn Worc. Reg.

Postby allanp » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi Yvonne

I have found a bit more information for you in the Worcester Herald.

19th January 1918 edition
Prisoner of War
Previously reported missing, now reported died as prisoner of war in German hands
8616 Pte W. A. Breese – Smethwick

Regards Allan
12631 Lance Sergt George William Hill. KIA Vimy Ridge, 28 April 1916 3rd Battalion
allanp
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: Bromsgrove Worcestershire

Re: William Alfred Breese 3rd Btn Worc. Reg.

Postby Yvonne Lay » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:05 am

breezy1973 wrote:
> Yvonne Lay wrote:
> > Would anyone have information on William Alfred Breese of the 3rd Btn
> > Worcestershire Regiment No. 8616. He died 10 September, 1917 and is buried
> > at Berlin-South Western Cemetery.
> >
> > Also I would like to know where abouts I can apply for his death
> > certificate. I have informantion relating to it, but not sure where to
> > apply.
> >
> > I believe William to have been taken a Prisoner of War.
> >
> > Any information would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Yvonne Lay.
> hi my name is jayne breese i think we may have the same relative was william born in
> amblecote,stourbridge and was his father william breese and mother lucy smith.kind
> regards jayne
Yvonne Lay
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 3:33 am

Re: William Alfred Breese 3rd Btn Worc. Reg.

Postby Yvonne Lay » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 am

allanp wrote:
> Hi Yvonne
>
> I have found a bit more information for you in the Worcester Herald.
>
> 19th January 1918 edition
> Prisoner of War
> Previously reported missing, now reported died as prisoner of war in German
> hands
> 8616 Pte W. A. Breese – Smethwick
>
> Regards Allan

Hi Allan,

Thank you so much for this information, I really appreciate it.

Regards, Yvonne.
Yvonne Lay
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 3:33 am

Re: William Alfred Breese 3rd Btn Worc. Reg.

Postby Yvonne Lay » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:09 am

breezy1973 wrote:
> Yvonne Lay wrote:
> > Would anyone have information on William Alfred Breese of the 3rd Btn
> > Worcestershire Regiment No. 8616. He died 10 September, 1917 and is buried
> > at Berlin-South Western Cemetery.
> >
> > Also I would like to know where abouts I can apply for his death
> > certificate. I have informantion relating to it, but not sure where to
> > apply.
> >
> > I believe William to have been taken a Prisoner of War.
> >
> > Any information would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Yvonne Lay.
> hi my name is jayne breese i think we may have the same relative was william born in
> amblecote,stourbridge and was his father william breese and mother lucy smith.kind
> regards jayne

Hi Jayne,

William was married to my grandfather's sister, I will get the information out and send it through to you,

Regards,

Yvonne.
Yvonne Lay
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 3:33 am

Re: William Alfred Breese 3rd Btn Worc. Reg.

Postby beardie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:09 am

from smethwick telephone.

private breese
the committee of the smethwick prisioners of war relief fund very much regret to say that news has been received that pte w.a. breese, 3rd worcestershire regiment who has been a prisioner of war since 21st october 1914, at merseburg germany, has died of appendicitis. he was formerly employed at messrs guest, keen and nettlefolds. much sympathy will be felt with mrs breese, who was hoping that shortly her husband would be transferred to switzerland. he leaves two little children
steve beard
beardie
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:18 am
Location: black country

Re: William Alfred Breese 3rd Btn Worc. Reg.

Postby Yvonne Lay » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:30 am

Hello Steve,

Thank you for the information you have sent through. I knew he died of appendicitis as I managed to get his death certificate, but the other information is great.

Thank you,

Yvonne.
Yvonne Lay
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 3:33 am


Return to First World War

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron