William Breeze Service Records.3rd Bat Worc. Reg.

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

William Breeze Service Records.3rd Bat Worc. Reg.

Postby Yvonne Lay » Thu May 21, 2009 10:07 am

Hello Everybody,

You were all such a great help with my last posting I thought you maybe able to tell me if and where I could possibly get William Breeze's Service Records. I have applied for his Death Certificate, and I have tried the National Archives for his records, but seem to be going around in circles. Ancestry.com haven't got them. I know some records were destroyed in WW2.

Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Regards,

Yvonne.
Yvonne Lay

Postby allanp » Sat May 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi Yvonne

I think that you may have hit the same brick wall as a lot of us have. As far as I know (and I'm willing to be corrected) they do not now exist and that was the only record. As you say a lot of the records were destroyed in WW2 and what was left Ancestry are scanning.

The Regimental Archive do not hold this information, but you could contact them and for a small fee they will check for any information that they may hold. There is a link via the main page on this website.

Regards Allan
12631 Lance Sergt George William Hill. KIA Vimy Ridge, 28 April 1916 3rd Battalion
allanp

Postby johnjarratt » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:28 pm

Hello. Are you refering to Pte ( later A.WO II) William L Breeze 10228 Worc Reg? I can find no service or pension records only a Medal Card.

There was a William Lloyd Breeze, Welsh Fusiliers joined 1895, born 1875.
He has a pension record, discharged 1907.

Otherwise, like my self, the records were destroyed during WW2. Very frustrating, I Know.

Cheers
John
Pte Thomas W Jarratt 4th Btn.
johnjarratt

Return to First World War