special service troops

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the Second World War covering the dates 1939 to 1946.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

special service troops

Postby IAN » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:30 am

Hope somebody can help im trying to find out wot the special service troops did,some of the worcester regiment were attached to them
IAN

Selective Service Men, also question about their mission

Postby meleuterio » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:38 am

My father, Robert T. Wilson, was a selective service man in the Battery A, 12th battalion, 4th training regiment, field artillery Replacement Training Center during 1941. His Battalion Commander was Major Selby S. Little and his Battery Commander was Captain Joseph B. Feuquay. Could anyone tell me anything about this regiment. Were they in Ireland at that time? What was their mission? Were they a speicalized group of soldiers? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you,
Melanie Eleuterio (meleuterio@aol.com)
Melanie Eleuterio
meleuterio

Special forces

Postby garymalvern » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:43 pm

I know my father was approached for the Para etc and did some funny operations but I don't know any detail. His name was Sidney Lewis and was based at Norton Barracks
garymalvern

Selective Service Worcestershire Regiment WWII

Postby meleuterio » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:48 am

I believe that Selective Service simply refers to the men in the Worcestershire Regiment who were drafted into the Army in World War Two. Others in the Worcesterhire Regiment were voluntary entrants, possibly serving in the Regiment their whole career.

My father, Robert Wilson, was drafted into the Army in America in WWII, and served under this regiment, as well as others, in Italy, Tunisia and Palestine.
Melanie Eleuterio
meleuterio

Return to Second World War