my great grandfather walter ernest cramp 14th battalion

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

my great grandfather walter ernest cramp 14th battalion

Postby crampy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:59 pm

hi my father recently passed away and i was left a memorial plaque of my great grandfather Walter Ernest Cramp number 25895 ,I looked on the CWGC site too find that he was a lance sergeant and died 3rd of May 1917 of wounds, he is also listed in the roll of honour on the Worcester Regiment Site
On the site there is also 1 photograph of the battalion in France but there are no names too the photo apart from 1. I was wanting too know whether there are any more photos of the battalion so i can put a face too my great grandfathers name As I only found out this infomation after my dad had passed away. Also any other information about him and the battalion would be of great interest ....... Thanks Paul Cramp
crampy

Postby allanp » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi Paul

I have found a reference to Walter in the Worcester Herald.

16th June 1917 edition

Died of Wounds
25895 Lanc Sergt W. Cramp – Stourport

Regards Allan
12631 Lance Sergt George William Hill. KIA Vimy Ridge, 28 April 1916 3rd Battalion
allanp

walter cramp

Postby crampy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi Thanks for that allan if you can find out any more information about him it would be appreciated as i am trying too do my family tree ,as up until now i didnt know he existed. Regards Paul ........
crampy

Return to First World War