Eugene Paul Bennett VC

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Eugene Paul Bennett VC

Postby Donnie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi im new to this forum,

I am a member of the Great War Forum and ww2talk Forum. I have found a new interest in the Worcestershire Regiment and particulaly Eugene Paul Bennett VC after buying an engraved snuff box that belonged to him from his God-Son. I was told that Bennetts medals were donated to the museum and are on display?.....i live to far away from the museum but if anyone has a picture of his medals i would be most grateful. also any information that is not listed on the main site would be great.

Best Regards, Donnie
Donnie

welcome

Postby CPLCLIVE » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:28 am

Hi Donnie
Welcome to the Worcestershire Regiment Forum
Yes Eugene Bennetts medals are in the museum and as photographs are allowed providing you have permission So Ihave no doubt someone has taken a photograph, But your best bet is to write to RHQ at Norton Barracks and ask you will no doubt will have ti pay you can contact them from the opening page of this site.
Albert the best
Clive
CPLCLIVE

Postby LarsA » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:46 am

Donnie,
I can help with a photo of Eugene Bennett and his medals. Send me an email lars.ahlkvistATmoderat.se. Just replace the AT with the usual symbol.

Kind regards,
Lars
In memory of
17239 R J Washington MM, TEM, 2nd & 8th btn WWI
7852 W Russell, 2nd & 9th btn WWI
J Davies, 1st btn WWII, POW at Tobruk
4197291 Pte F Sheridan, POW France 1940
LarsA

Re: Eugene Paul Bennett VC

Postby HeatherBurf » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:12 pm

Message orginally posted 14 Aug 2011 12:39 pm reposted due to technical error in forum

Hi there- we are the family of Eugene Paul Bennett - I would be interested in the snuff box you have, and can give you lots more information. You can e-mail me at heather-burfordATsky.com - replace AT with usual symbol as previously.
HeatherBurf

Re: Eugene Paul Bennett VC

Postby scully » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi Heather,

I have sent you an email.

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Return to First World War