James (Jim) Gould & Denis Gould

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the Second World War covering the dates 1939 to 1946.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

James (Jim) Gould & Denis Gould

Postby billgould » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Jim Gould was my father who passed away in approx 1949 he served the 1st Bn and contracted TB on the drive to Arnhem,
his brother Denis (my uncle) joined up but got posted to the second battalion in the far east. My sister is tracing a family history and would like to hear of anyone who knew either of them. My email address is billgould@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks in anticipation

Bill Gould (ex worc r/WFR 1965-1979 23951388)
billgould

Re: James (Jim) Gould & Denis Gould

Postby scully » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi Bill,

There was a Private Jim Gould (army number 5259586) who served in HQ Company of the 1st Battalion Worcestershire Regiment during 1944-45. That is the only information I have. You could try the Regimental Archives at Worcester for further information but not sure how much more they would have (their contact details on the home page of the website - click the link). You could also try the Service Peronnel Veterans Agency who should be able to get his service records for you (there is a charge) - their telephone number is 0800 169 2277 (also check out there website for details type in "Veterans Agency" in google and you will find their website).

Regards,

Louis (webmaster)
scully
Site Admin

Return to Second World War