1037 Pte Charles Chantler 2nd Worcs

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the Boer War in South Africa covers the dates 1900 to 1902.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

1037 Pte Charles Chantler 2nd Worcs

Postby Trick » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:16 am

After my first post and your answers, I now have done as much research as I can with the available sites. I have his service record from India to the Boer War (quite colourful!) and his records from the First World War. I have established he was not entitled to any WW1 medals, he was 45 and in the Royal Engineers in Nottingham! I would like to try and find his QSA medal if anyone knows where it is. I would appreciate some help please. Any sites I can try, any search engines etc etc. Thanks Rich.
Trick

Re: 1037 Pte Charles Chantler 2nd Worcs

Postby corona » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:17 am

Hi Trick,
I am unable to provide any details on where you could hope to find Pte. Chantler's Boer War Medal (I've never had any luck in 40 years finding my missing medals!)
He was entitled to the QSA MEDAL with the clasps TRANSVAAL, CAPE COLONY,WITTEBERGEN,SA1901.On the rolls his initials are given as both R .C and R.
If you have not seen them his Militia service papers are on FIND MY PAST. Pte 1085 G Company 3rd Worcestershire Regt.(Militia)
Regards,
corona.
corona

Return to Boer War