Sgt. 4754 C. Bryan

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

Sgt. 4754 C. Bryan

Postby peter » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:32 pm

Sgt, 4754 C. Bryan 2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment.

I am having trouble finding any information on the above named soldier. He is on the 14 Star Roll (2nd Worcesters) and also on the Cathedral Roll, Worcester but I have not been able to find a MIC for him on Ancestry or the National Archives. I have tried various ways searching on Ancestry but to no avail and so a request on this forum hoping my luck will change. Any information would be most welcome.

Regards

Peter
peter

Re: Sgt. 4754 C. Bryan

Postby corona » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:55 am

Peter,
If the deails you have on 4754 C Bryan are correct then you have a real mystery on your hands!
He comes 4th in numbering after a WORCESTER (4750)who enlisted 12/1/1897.In theory he should have seen service in S.Africa.
He is not, as far as I can see, on the Worcester's Boer War Medal Roll.He could have served with another unit and, as a Reservist in 1914, re joined the Colours
I have been unable to find your man on any of the on line Military sites covering the Boer War and WW1. Some part of his details must be incorrect .
Regards,
corona
corona

Re: Sgt. 4754 C. Bryan

Postby peter » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi Corona

Thank you for your reply.
This man is indeed a mystery.
I have checked again the details and on the Cathedral Roll in Worcester (2nd Bn.) he is listed as Sgt. C. Bryan. On the 2nd Bn. 1914 Star Roll he is listed as Sgt. 4754 C. Bryan, date of disembarkation 30th August 1914 (no other details). With his low number as you say you would have thought he would have seen some service in S/Africa, but again no records to be found.
When I searched Ancestry for his MIC and found nothing I assumed they had missed this one but on searhing National Archives still nothing. Other searching for service record, SWB, 1911 census and soldiers died on Ancestry (CWGC site also) still returned nothing. I know the Cathedral Roll is not 100% accurate but if he is on the Star Roll I would have thought this information to be correct.
Don't know where to look now but will keep on trying to find an answer.

Regards

Peter
peter

Return to First World War