L/Cpl Robert Reece 4th Btn 12112

This section of the forum is for any enquires relating the the First World War covering the dates 1914 to 1920.

Moderators: Kevin Lynott, peter, LarsA

L/Cpl Robert Reece 4th Btn 12112

Postby simmo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:16 am

Hi All

I am a volunteer at this museum-
www.maryboroughmuseum.org/

I have been asked by the museum director to do some research on the above person. I have found his MIC, SDGW, and his citation for the DCM. He was involved with the action that 2nd Lieut H James was in from which he was awarded the VC, which the museum has. I am trying to track down other information about Robert, but have not been too productive. SDGW says he was born in Birmingham and lived in Liverpool but trying to find a birth and census records for him have not been the easiest. It would be nice to do a story on him, but probably not as good as the one the museum has on James.
Would the museum have any information on him they could supply or would anyone be able to come up with some information?

Thanks for your time and help

regards

Robert Simpson
simmo

Re: L/Cpl Robert Reece 4th Btn 12112

Postby simmo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Also, does anyone know if he is named on a memorial?
Can you give me a reference to it if he is please?

regards

Robert
simmo

Postby simmo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:47 am

Hi

Would anyone have a picture of him, even in a group would do?

regards

Robert
simmo

Postby gilbo139 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Hello Robert....watched your post from the start but I don't have much access to records other than what is available online but have tried today to see what I can find but pretty well in vain really....I assume you have access to Stackes history, page 89 does give an account of L/Cpl Reeces' actions probably a bit more information than the DCM citation....I did visit The Worcestershire Regiment museum and as you might guess there is a good amount of information for Lieut. James but nothing for your man....but it may be worth an e mail to museummercian@btconnect.com
Regards Colin
gilbo139

Return to First World War