Thanks to the energy of the officers appointed to command the new unit, the ranks of the new 2/8th Territorial Battalion was filled within only three weeks. The “Second Line” battalion commenced their training; and later there arose behind them yet another formation, the “Third Line,” intended to train reinforcements for the “First Line” units when they should take the field of action.
As a result of the efforts of the County Association “Third Line” was formed into a complete battalion.
The formation of the “Third Line” Territorial battalion was authorised on 13th January 1915. The Battalion was named the 3/8th Worcestershire and was commanded by Lieut.-Colonel J. Garnett.
THIS PAGE IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION